Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fun with a Smart-UPS 1400RMNET.

I got an old UPS its a Smart-UPS 1400RMNET. Its the type without a battery tray just an array of batteries that must be slid into the unit, and then connected.

This unit uses 4 batteries, but I didn't happen to have the wiring diagram so I was just connecting them how I thought they might have been connected. I thought they were wired in two parallel series giving the battery array a total of 24v, but longer run time. The unit made all kinds of horrid noise when I turned it on. So I tried a few different ways trying to get it to work.



I eventually found a picture of what the battery array should look like, and was able to make a wiring diagram for myself. I also found that the battery array should be 48v not 24v.

No comments: