Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Import UniData into SQL 2005

I have been trying to figure out how to get data from a UniData database into an SQL 2005 database to make building reports much easier. After installing the UniData ODBC tools from IBM I could not get the Import/Export wizard to connect to the ODBC.

After searching the Internet for the particulare errors I was getting I found the connection string should look like this. "Dsn=YOURDSN;Driver={IBM UniData ODBC DRIVER};uid=YOURUSER;pwd=YOURPASSWORD". As I found here http://www.bokebb.com/dev/english/2006/posts/2006108696.shtml.

Also you have to build you SELECT statements by hand, but that does not bother me as much as those other guys.

Update: 2-2-09
As of SQL 2005 SP3 this connection string no longer works in the Import/Export Wizard. Still looking into how to get it working again.

No comments: